Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rainy Days

Back in dusty Puerto Madryn I often wished for a good rainy day. Well, as they say, be careful what you wish for. The parental unit and I are now camping in Villa de la Angostura just outside a national park near Bariloche, and "enjoying" a good rain day. We rented bikes and headed into the park where there is supposedly some good single-track only to find that the park is closed today on account of the high winds. So we headed up the road a ways to another trail that the local bike shop recommended. It was short but fun, and was home to a lot of bamboo-esc plants that were lovely. We are now thawing our fingers and waiting for restaurants to start opening. Thank goodness for serious rain gear.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I can't believe your parents are there already! Tell them 'hi' from me. Hope you're having a splendid time in the mountains while I prepare for finals week. I can't wait to see you!