Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Opportunity

"The trouble with opportunity
is that it always comes disguised as hard work."
~Herbert V. Prochnow, Sr.

This quote has been on our fridge for the past couple of weeks. It has been a much needed reminder.
I remember working on math problems nightly with my dad during my teenage years (I think he is bound for heaven for that alone). I would refer to a math problem and he would grin as he corrected me: "it is not a 'problem,' it is an 'opportunity!'" (By the way Dad, sorry for rolling my eyes at you).
It is the end of the semester, and therefore there is a lot of hard work going on right now. I am trying really hard to think of it all as opportunities.
The term papers, and final projects. Learning new software, and memorizing fungi. Due dates, and finals. They are all opportunities wrapped up in the bigger opportunity of getting my masters degree at a great school, and doing it all with my husband.

2 comments:

Merrill said...

Now that is some truly positive thinking. Way to go Katie! Way to look at hard work as an opportunity. (And this is Karen, not Merrill.)

branches 'n' twigs said...

That's precious - and so are you!