Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gramma and Grampa


Tomorrow my wonderful Grandpa will turn 90. Today he is bringing my wonderful Grandma, and his wife of over 60 years, home from the hospital so they can spend her last remaining days together.
I know God and His angels are tenderly watching over them. And when she leaves she will be in His loving care.
I can't adequately express what I feel, but I just had to try.
I am grateful for them, beyond words. Grateful for every laugh, hug, piece of advice, game of Shanghai, and sweet conversation we have ever shared. The way they have lived, and continue to live, has touched each member of their family, and their friends. It has touched me. I can't properly express my gratitude for them. I am thankful for the time I have with them. I am grateful for their love, support, and faith. I am grateful that they are mine.


Oh how I love you both.

2 comments:

Scott and April Earl said...

Wow, you did a good job. It is so hard to figure out how to say what you feel. THANKS!
Uncle Scott

Spring said...

Thanks Katie, I read this over again, and loved it. If it's okay, I'm going to swipe these pictures, I absolutely love them. (That is what Sierra calls stealing, "swiping" it just doesn't sound as bad, I guess.) It was so great to see you again this week, and you and Liz did such a beautiful job singing, wow, so wonderful. Thank you. love ya!