Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

Alaska Dreaming

Keith and I went to Alaska last night. It was blissful and sunny. Summer actually. We went fishing every morning, took rambles in the woods, went bird watching. We lived in a cabin far away from thesis projects, midterms, and smog. I hung homemade curtains in our little windows. We had a red canoe. I was sitting peacefully on our porch in my wooden rocking chair draped with moose fur when Keith shook my shoulder and said it was time to go.

"What are we doing?" I grumbled in confusion.

"It's time to go to the gym" he replied.

Reality roughly snatched me from my sunny porch and threw me in a dark room surrounded by cinder block. Oh cruel world.

3 comments:

Austin said...

ugh. isn't it summer yet?

Shawn said...

For anyone else who might have had some difficulty with the word rambles... I've provided you the definition. I found it quite helpful. I've just never heard the noun "rambles" before.

ram·ble (rmbl)
intr.v. ram·bled, ram·bling, ram·bles
1. To move about aimlessly. See Synonyms at wander.
2. To walk about casually or for pleasure.
3. To follow an irregularly winding course of motion or growth.
4. To speak or write at length and with many digressions.
n.

branches 'n' twigs said...

What a divine dream! : )

Shawn you're a nut...