Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring

Keith and I had lunch at the duck pond on the south side of campus today. The ducks were out strutting there stuff, the sun was shinning, and I wasn't cold. The three western pond turtles that occupy the pond were sunning themselves on a floating log and shedding last year's skin. Their emergence from their muddy caves is evidence that it is no longer freezing at night. Birds are singing again in the mornings. It is getting to be that time of year when I exchange my wool socks for Chacos and start wishing for a garden plot. Ahhhh, spring.

Random story: I was in the campus natural history museum today (I have a class in there) and saw a little boy helping his mom push a stroller that was much bigger than he. He spotted a mounted antelope on the wall, pointed, and exclaimed "Mommy, a cantaloupe! A cantaloupe Mommy!" Behind my chuckles I was quite impressed that he could tell the difference between an antelope and the myriad of other four legged ungulates around it. Even if he did get it mixed up with a melon.

1 comment:

Brian Hays said...

Katie,

I just read your blog and found out you're engaged - thats awesome!!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

Keith looks like a great guy - you look good together.

Hey, we're still in Moab until mid-May when we transfer to Rocky Mountain National Park. Give us a shout if you'll be down this way anytime soon.

Brian