Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm Back!

Back to the land of the living that is. Apparently being a newly-wed is akin to being dead to the rest of the world. Well I am alive and well. The main point of this post is to let you all know that and to promise the posting of pictures in the very near future. Promise.

Re-cap of the last month:

-Got married (crazy, fast, wonderful, wonderful, thank you again to you all who made it so good)
-Went on a honeymoon (snow, stingrays, exotic birds, and we never left Utah. It was fun)
-Open house in Washington (so great. I really, really, really love my family. Really. So very much)
-My best friend and her husband moved to Oklahoma for the summer and then are off to Hawaii for Nate's PhD. (Oh how I miss them! I am going to become a frequent flier to Hawaii.)
-Whitney and Joe moved to Texas for the summer. (Texas: you are one lucky state. Whitney and Joe: your return is anxiously awaited. Don't be late.)
-Moved into married student apartments (Our walls are cinder block and our pantry smells; but it is all ours. We unpacked our last box last Saturday. We love our new home!!!)
-Went back to work (hard transition, but good, cheatgrass is still here and I am still allergic to it)
-Planted a garden (Keith built the planter boxes, I planted the seeds. It is a daily ritual to stick our noses down close to the dirt and look for new sprouts. Love it!)
-Had our 1 month anniversary today! (this makes us veterans, right? canoeing was so fun and pictures are coming!)

2 comments:

Deb said...

I miss you too! I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and loving married life. It's fun to be back living in my hometown for awhile; strange as how it seems the same after all the changing I've done. Congrats on being marred for a month - I know it's hard to believe, but it only gets better!

Miriam said...

I definitely think you should post some pictures! Glad to hear everything is working out.