Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thank You and a Request


I want to thank everyone for the prayers they have offered for us and Charlie. This has by far been the toughest week of my life, but at the same time I have felt the power of the prayers of others in a very real way. I real have felt the multitude of prayers buoy me up when I have needed it the most. I can not find words to express the gratitude I feel for that invisible yet very real support and love. Thank you so very much.

Little Charlie has been diagnosed with PKU after two blood tests proved positive. This is a
manageable metabolic disorder but has serious effects if not strictly controlled by diet. We feel blessed to live in this day when so much is known and available to help him live a normal life.

Our families are going to have a special fast and prayer for Charlie this Sunday. An additional test is being done that will determine the severity of the PKU in his situation. We are
praying for the best possible outcome to these addition tests.

We are so very blessed to know of the Lord's loving support as we go through the trials that we all experience in one form or another. We have felt his love in profound ways this past week; often through the small kindnesses of those who surround us (near and far).

With gratitude and love,
Katie

5 comments:

Spring said...

Our prayers and thoughts will be with you this Sunday and the following weeks. Love you.

Deb said...

We'll continue praying for you and little Charlie. I know the Lord will bless your little family with peace and strength as you turn to Him. I love you tons and wish I could be there to wrap you in a big hug.

Syme Family News said...

We will pray for your little guy!!! He sure is cute!
Love Andy and Janeen Syme and family

beckstarr said...

Your beautiful guy is such a tough baby! I'm so happy that he's home! You guys are the best people. We love you all! Now go enjoy being paranoid about all the other newborn things - like listening 3 and 4 times a night to make sure he's still breathing. Heeehee. He's so precious. We love him!

Scott and April Earl said...

We enjoyed fasting for Charlie and his mom and dad. As Gordon B. Hinckley often said, "Things will all work out." We love you!
Scott & April