Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Graduation Take Two

Keith and I graduated and walked together for the second time just two weeks ago (sorry for the post delay, moving happened). Getting a master's degree was, at one point, something that I thought was a pipe dream for me. It was hard but it was great. I think one of the best things that I got from the experience is an increased confidence in myself. More so than from any other achieved goal in my life, getting this degree proves in my mind that I can do really hard things. I can stretch myself further than I previously thought possible, and succeed.

The whole experience was made all the better by going through it with Keith. He was like my personal coach and tutor.

Liz also graduated with her master's degree in business and is off to work at Amazon after a couple months of celebrating (China, rafting, long bike trips, etc).

The two of us are the first women in our family to get master's degrees. (Graduation robes are fun and funky, but not flattering).

We have been so blessed to have the support of family, especially after sweet Charlie arrived. Grandma Merrill and Charlie have grown quite close as she took care of him while I was in class and preparing to defend my thesis.

We crossed paths with the Madsens after commencement. Their sweet little family is headed off to Texas this week. The last of the original roomies have left Provo. It is the end of an era.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Katie, what was your degree actually in? Isn't that a terrible question for a sister to need to ask at this point!

Katie said...

We can blame it on pregnancy-brain. It was Wildlife and Wildlands Conservation. Love you!

Karen said...

Katie I miss you! How are things going? Are you getting settled ok? Charlie is getting cuter and cuter everyday!!