Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Sweet Reunion


My sweet Grandpa Earl was reunited with his sweet wife yesterday. I am sure his daughter Nancy and several other relatives were there to greet him as well.

Today I am filled with memories of him. Playing hardball at Shanghai (and then offering to give me cards), watching the birds at the backyard feeder (he could recognize individuals), tending the raspberry bushes, giving us candy behind Mom's back, showing us the backrooms of his store, hugging me and telling me that I was beautiful and to "be a good girl."

Grandpa, I love you. You really were and are the best grandpa ever. You loved Grandma completely and each of your children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. That is so much love for one person to give, and you gave it so well. I miss you, we all do, but we are so happy that you are where you want to be: with Grandma again.


2 comments:

Marti Temus said...

Thank your Katie! Dad and I would quote this little song often this last year since Mom passed. Now he really won't have to worry about a thing. I love you Dad! We are so happy for you.

Spring said...

Oh Thank you Katie. All I have are pictures and memories, I don't think I have any videos. To see them in their home and hear their voices the way I best remember them brought so many tears. They really are wonderful.