Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Born on Halloween, but definitely not a witch

Photo by the talented Whitney Hardie.
I really lucked out when it comes to my in-laws. My mother-in-law is my dear friend and I am blessed to be a part of her family. The attribute that first comes to mind when I think of her is"welcoming." There seems to always be more room in her heart, home, or around her dinner table for another new friend. She puts guests right at ease and before you know it you feel like you are at home.

She has a big generous heart. She is very sensitive to others feelings and serves everyone she knows. When Charlie was born she would spend hours in the NICU with him, cook us meals, DO OUR LAUNDRY, and just be there whenever I needed her.

She loves being a grandma, and is such a good one too.

I love spending time with her and Joe. They are still best friends after all these years and it shows.

Keith and Bonnie giving their special wave as he leaves for Missouri. This started way back when she would drop Keith off at preschool. He would get to the school steps, turn around, put his thumbs in his ears, and wave to her. She would do the same from the car.

She is a wonderful mother and has raised three awesome boys (I think the middle one turned out exceptionally well). She has a great sense of humor, a ton of faith, high expectations, and a whole lot of love for them.

She is an incredible daughter and is a true blessing to her parents. I have seen the energy and heart she puts into serving and loving them, and I am so thankful that they have her. They have both expressed the same feelings about her to me several times.

She has gone back to school at BYU these last several years and is working towards a degree. I am amazed at her positive attitude and determination as she works at it and constantly pushes the limits of her comfort zone.

I love her adventurous spirit, love of life, firm faith, welcoming personality and generosity to everyone she meets.

In short, I love her.

Happy Birthday Bonnie!

3 comments:

branches 'n' twigs said...

Happy Birthday Bonnie! :)

Spring said...

That special wave to Keith made me cry. So cute. Even from the pictures you can tell what a wonderful mom and person she is!

Marti Temus said...

It's all so true of Bonnie. I have always told my girls to look for a guy who loves his mother and has a good relationship with her. Katie, you got this one right! Thank you Bonnie for your love and care of our Kate.