Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

A Great Day and a Ton of Turtles

 Thank you all for your sweet comments on Keith's post. I was very surprised to find that my blog was hijacked but very touched by the post and then continued to be touched by the sweet comments left throughout the day. I am truly blessed to have so many loved ones in my life.

My birthday was simple but great. It was filled with lots of things that make me happy. Keith let me sleep in a bit and then woke me up to present me with the Audubon Society Field Guide to the Southeastern States (sweet!) from him and a card with a beautiful hummingbird pin from Joe and Bonnie. Later that morning Charlie and I went on a walk around the lake and he didn't mind (too much anyway) when I took my time and stopped to take pictures instead of quickly walking/jogging. (Charlie is a great personal trainer, he lets you know if you are slowing down and gives you vocal encouragement to quicken the pace). The day was gorgeous!

The highlight of the walk, however, was the packed turtle log. 15 turtles on one log!

And if that wasn't impressive enough I later passed by the same log and the count had risen to 17 turtles! Keith said they all came out to wish me a "happy birthday." I think they were throwing a party at a turtle's pace.
After Charlie's nap I decided to ignore my to-do list and go to the park. I love wandering around outside with my little dude.
I had given Keith a list of a few restaurants that sounded good to me and he took the task of calling them and finding one that would accommodate Charlie's diet. So when Keith got home we went to dinner. I had been a bit worried about going out since Charlie's ability to sit in one place for long is dwindling. However, Charlie's birthday present to me was being quite good throughout dinner.
After Charlie went to bed Keith and I snuggled up on the couch with a movie to finish off a pretty sweet birthday.

2 comments:

Deb said...

So glad you had a great birthday!

Deb said...

It definitely seems fitting that the turtles would come out in droves to celebrate with you. Nature appreciates you as much as you appreciate it!