As those of you reading this may be able to deduce from the title, Katie’s blog has been hijacked. Why? Today is my beloved’s 27th birthday! I'm afraid I'm not nearly as adept or skillful as Katie at blogging but I wanted to take this moment to say... Happy birthday Katie! The last 3 years of my life have been the happiest and fullest of my life. For all of you out there who are not as fortunate as I to actually live with Katie and be with her every day, I will share here just 10 (of countless) things I love about her.
1. Katie has a great deal of charity.
2. She doesn't back away from a challenge, even when very hard or daunting (for example, writing a thesis, having a baby, learning to manage PKU, defending a thesis, graduating, moving away from all family and friends... all within a 5 month period).
3. She is a wonderful cook (and has been marvelously successful at learning to cook all over again to care for Charlie with his PKU).
4. She has a love for all of God's creatures, great and small.
5. She is a wonderful mother and always wanted to be such.
6. She knows how to have fun (just look at the photos!).
7. She is very bright and conversations with her are always engaging.
8. She is a wonderful writer, as so many of you are privy to by reading her blog.
9. She supports me in my goals and aspirations, lending me strength when I feel I don't have any left.
10. She is my soul-mate, my helpmeet, my beloved, the mother of my child, my wife, and my best friend.
Katie, for these reasons and so many more, I love you. I am so grateful to have you by my side, holding my hand as we walk through this life and, one day, into eternity together. Thank you, for loving me.
Your loving husband,