Pages

Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday Randomness

There are few things as delightful as coming home after school and putting on pajama pants.

I like peach tea. I also like apples with cheddar cheese, and smoked salmon. My rommies don't like the smell of smoked salmon.

I bought a mint plant from the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. I thought it would bring me minty happiness all through the dark, green-less winter. It started dying the day I brought it home. It now lives in the greenhouse at work, where I don't get to see it as often. Apparently it likes the lack of sunlight in my apartment even less than I do.

Keith asked me what my favorite Christmas song is. I don't think he realized what a difficult question that is. I have mulled over it in my mind for an entire day now and am sticking with my original answer: Oh, Holy Night. There is so much emotion in that song.

Scrambled eggs in the morning sets the day off right.

There isn't any snow in Yellowstone right now. This probably doesn't weigh on the minds of most of you, but if the clouds don't step it up in a couple weeks then I will see my 23rd snow-less Christmas. And there won't be much need for x-country skis.

I think it would be delightful to have a quilting bee in a meadow on a summer's afternoon.

I like the word "delightful."

I really don't like the word "blouse."

I like pancakes more than waffles. I especially like pancakes with strawberries on top. They are delightful.

I get to see my family in 15 days. Keith gets to see my family in 20 days. This is going to be great. And delightful.

You all probably have stopped reading by now because you have better things to do than read about my randomness. I hope you all have a delightful day.

5 comments:

Deb said...

I don't have better things to do; I quite enjoyed this post. It made me downright sentimental for our days as roomies and the late night talks with me hanging over the edge of my bunk until my neck hurt.

Great choice on favorite song, by the way. Waffles however are better than pancakes.

I love you!

Nate said...

I'm definitely a waffle man.

Bennett Family said...

i hate the word "blouse" too, oh and "slacks"...that's not much better.

can i come to your quilting b? sounds so fun.

cute thxgiving pix. you look beautiful! is that your beau?

Sarah said...

I never understand why people don't like the smell of salmon. And I'm with you on the PJs, too!!!

Liz said...

I don't have anything better to do either. I will be your blog stalker 4 evr. *heart*