Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Let's Go Fly a Kite

Far right: Charlie got it pretty high!
 This is a short post but I wanted to document Charlie's first time flying a kite. We saw some at a park as we were walking home from another park and had to stop and watch. Charlie peppered me with questions about how they work and I told him that we could get him a kite.

Well he (of course) didn't forget and a couple weeks later we were at Walmart with a friend and he reminded me of my promise (which, I had completely forgotten about). He picked out a $3 kite and was as happy as could be. That Friday it was gorgeous and windy (it is Fargo after all) so we took it for a test run. After a little while learning how to get it from falling he got the hang of it and we were off! Charlie and I raced around the little hills as he laughed with delight. Meanwhile Jane took Keith exploring.
 
 It was short but super fun. I have learned to treasure the simple joys of life; they are so very good and you never know what tomorrow might bring.

Top right: Keith helping Charlie to get the kite off the ground.

No comments: